The MSIP Accelerator, part funded by Scottish Enterprise, is targeted at ambitious early-stage companies and entrepreneurs, offering each cohort an intensive period of business support based in an incubator environment.
As of March 2023, 31 companies have participated in the MSIP Accelerator Programme, and have closed equity investments totaling approximately £1.08 million.
The MSIP Accelerator is an intense business accelerator designed to help ambitious, young companies who are developing new solutions in sustainable mobility and decarbonisation achieve a step-change in their business.
This structured programme is modelled on best-in class tech accelerators, designed to help you achieve a step change in your venture, build confidence and increase momentum for growth.
The MSIP Accelerator is structured around 3 key pillars of activity:
- Learning – Gaining proven start-up skills, tools and frameworks.
- Executing – Applying learnings to your venture.
- Connecting – Growing your network, learning from experts and meeting investors.
The MSIP Accelerator is delivered over 12 weeks, including:
- Self-Study e-learning modules (weekly) – Accessed via a private portal so you can explore at your convenience.
- Three full day in-person sessions at MSIP (Launchpad week 1, mid-point and final event).
- Live Online Workshops (weekly, between in-person sessions) – Interactive workshops to practice key concepts with peers, linking to how you can apply the learning to your venture. Each session will include either group problem solving or a Roundtable event, which will give you the opportunity to meet a guest speaker and build your network.
- 1:1 Coaching – You will be assigned a coach that will meet your 3 times over the programme. The coach will provide accountability and support as required around the development of your opportunity, your investor readiness and/or pitch practice.
The programme ends with an exciting final pitch event in front of a panel of investors and funders, giving you the opportunity to showcase your venture to investment experts and your peers.
We are currently delivering The MSIP Accelerator Programme to Cohort 4.
However, if you feel your organisation could benefit from participating, send an expression of interest to [email protected] prior to applications opening for Cohort 5 in Spring 2024.