Job Opportunity – Innovation Manager
May 19, 2020
SALARY TO £70,000 PLUS PACKAGE
MSIP is an ambitious joint venture between Dundee City Council, Michelin, and Scottish Enterprise. An Innovation Parc created to drive growth and diversity in the Scottish economy while addressing the global climate emergency. The Innovation Parc will cover a 32-hectare site in Dundee, where the aim is to deliver a world class innovation centre, driving global research while influencing and supporting breakthroughs in sustainable mobility and low carbon energy. MSIP will provide industrial spaces and facilities to a wide variety of organisations, research institutions and industry trailblazers addressing the global challenges facing our community, country and planet.
At MSIP, we have three core values – People, Place and Planet. MSIP is now looking to recruit a technology Innovation Manager.
Reporting into the parc CEO, and as a part of the Senior Management Team, the Innovation Manager’s key role will be coordinating the Parc’s response to long term industry developments in sustainable mobility, automotive carbon capture technologies and examining future low carbon energy solutions and companies. You will network across a range of tertiary education establishments, R+D divisions of blue-chip companies and ambitious technology development SMEs; both already hosted on the Park or to be attracted. Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver an Innovation Programme for the sustainable mobility sector in Scotland. This may include tenant specific activities and interventions designed to deliver projects, partnerships and collaborations at MSIP eg Accelerator Programme.
- Coordinate the on-Parc presence of business support providers including MSIP partners, universities, banks, investors, intermediaries and professional service providers amongst others to ensure tenants have regular access to relevant growth and innovation support services.
- Support the development and delivery of relevant University partnerships which offer identifiable benefits to the partners, MSIP and MSIP tenants.
- Deliver a programme for MSIP tenants which builds the community, encourages networking and collaboration and provides an opportunity for MSIP to develop new projects / products / services / revenue streams.
- Provide tenants with a regularly maintained “list” of funding and collaboration opportunities collated from all relevant sources across Scotland, UK and the EU.
The successful candidate is educated to minimum first degree (Masters / PhD / Post Grad preferred) in an Engineering, Science (chemistry preferred) or Renewable Energy based discipline. Ideally, you have worked closely between academia and industry, possibly in far reaching new technology collaborations or R+D. Candidates will have a keen interest and proven experience in low carbon capture technology or sustainable automotive technologies including Hydrogen Cells or next generation electrical batteries. You will need to know where this market and industry sector is going over the medium-longer term.
MSIP has a fully funded ten-year operating plan and clear vision. You will play a central role driving the MSIP vision and legacy to help generate jobs and financial growth for the Scottish economy. Your base salary of circa £70,000 DOE will supplemented by a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Bruce Hydes at ESS Recruit, our retained recruitment firm, at [email protected].